When supplying your own artwork files, to have production run smoothly, efficiently, economically and so you receive what you expect, there are some guidelines Eco Graphics ask you to please follow.
[mp_accordion mp_style_classes=”motopress-accordion-light” margin=”none,none,none,none”]
[mp_accordion_item title=”Ordering” active=”false”]
Please email exactly what you are requiring including:
- Media type and finishing required. Ie Sticker printing. Is UV overlaminating and or top or die cutting required. OR what the job is for: ie indoor or outdoor signage, crevassed or flat panel vehicle, unstretched canvas prints or framed and stretched, uncut banner, uv laminated and/or printed hemmed banner with eyelets etc. Is the job for a short term promotion or required for years?
[mp_accordion_item title=”Colour specifications” active=”true”]
- Our printer is CMYK. All files to be CMYK colour mode.
Files supplied as RGB or other modes will most likely not reproduce the same way they view on screen.
- List pantone colour in job order, if used.
Note; a few pantone colours i.e. 021c cannot be matched using CMYK.
- Eco Graphics pride ourselves regarding professional cmyk colour correctness. We have had offers to purchase our personal colour calibration files from a printer supplier in Melbourne, as they are so good. However minimal allowance needs to be made for different white point of different media. Remember your screen may not represent true cmyk. If desired, please check cmyk swatch book for accuracy, or if you wish to receive a hard copy proof first, there is a $29+gst plus delivery cost.
[mp_accordion_item title=”Resolution quality large format” active=”false”]
- Photo files should be min. 72 dpi at actual size up to 150 dpi at actual size.
- Picture files that include text should be 300dpi for optimum output. However, it is best to supply vector line art text (.ai or pdf) where at all possible.
[mp_accordion_item title=”Sizing” active=”false”]
Supply artwork file at size requested or proportionate to the final output size. For roll up banners you need an extra 100mm bleed at bottom of art file. For A3 and smaller digital printing, we require 2mm bleed on final artwork size with no trim marks. Large decals or stickers larger than 1 metre should have 5mm bleed. Car windscreen prints require minimum 10mm bleed sides, 40mm top and bottom; being mindful to provide the longest, widest measurement.
[mp_accordion_item title=”File format” active=”false”]
Eco Graphics accept artwork file formats: eps, jpeg, tiff or high resolution PDF.
- All file layers to be flattened
- All fonts to be converted to OUTLINES, PATHS, CURVES.
- Note that text should be vector/line art to achieve great output resolution.
If possible, include a jpeg file for proof that type and images are how they should appear.
Files supplied should be print ready with above mentioned criteria. If artwork file does require altering, a minimum $30+gst alteration fee applies.
[mp_accordion_item title=”Sending an artwork file to Eco Graphics” active=”false”]
Eco Graphics offer ftp large file transfer for when your files are too big to email. While emailing through order, if required, please request ftp password and login details.
[mp_accordion_item title=”What to do when you need custom stickers cut” active=”false”]
Artwork Files for Sticker top or die cutting are to have a separate vector/line art outline (no fill) 100% magenta colour path. 2mm bleed to be supplied if artwork has coloured backgroud.
For further information regarding supply of files for digital printing output email now or call Chris (07) 5500 0400.