- Quantity – How many do you need?
- Size – What sizes do you need?
- Media type and finishing required.
For example: Sticker printing – Is UV over-laminating and or top or die cutting required? Is the job for a short term promotion or required for years? What is the job is for? – Indoor or outdoor signage – Crevassed or flat panel vehicle – Unstretched canvas prints or framed and stretched – Uncut banner – UV laminated and/or printed hemmed banner with eyelets etc.
- Our printer is CMYK. All files to be CMYK colour mode.
Files supplied as RGB or other modes will most likely not reproduce the same way they view on screen.
- List pantone colour in job order, if used.
Note: a few pantone colours i.e. 021c cannot be matched using CMYK.
- We pride ourselves regarding professional CMYK colour correctness. (We have had offers to purchase our personal colour calibration files from a printer supplier in Melbourne, as they are so good.) However minimal allowance needs to be made for different white point of different media. Remember in some situations you screen may not perfectly represent perfect CMYK colours as well.
- Photo files should be min. 72 dpi at actual size up to 150 dpi at actual size.
- Picture files that include text should be 300 dpi for optimum output. However, it is best to supply vector line art text (.ai or pdf) where at all possible.
- Supply artwork file at size requested or proportionate to the final output size. For roll up banners you need an extra 100mm bleed at bottom of art file. For A3 and smaller digital printing, we require 2mm bleed on final artwork size with no trim marks. Large decals or stickers larger than 1 metre should have 5mm bleed. Car windscreen prints require minimum 10mm bleed sides, 40mm top and bottom; being mindful to provide the longest, widest measurement.
For Digital Printing we accept artwork file formats: eps, jpeg, tiff or high resolution PDF.
- All file layers to be flattened
- All fonts to be converted to OUTLINES, PATHS, CURVES.
- Note that text should be vector/line art to achieve great output resolution.
If possible, include a jpeg file for proof that type and images are how they should appear.
Files supplied should be print ready with above mentioned criteria. If artwork file does require altering, a minimum $40 + GST alteration fee applies.